Friday 7 November 2014

Target Audience Survey

I created a questionnaire to help me to discover who my target audience is, their interests and what they enjoy to see in a music video. All of this information will give me an idea for my own music video so I can successfully attract my own target audience:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uCLdOpWQxzYOvKg6u1W7y90S0p0MUjI_VqH6RNe5ugQ/viewanalytics

The results I got from my questionnaire show that majority of the people are ages 16-25 years old, female, white ethnicity with no religion and are students. This will be my main target audience for my music video.

The most popular genre of music among those who we asked was Hip Hop/ Rap followed closely by Pop and Indie Pop. This is unsurprising as these genres always dominate UK charts. Majority of people said 'sometimes' to my question 'How regularly do you watch music videos' closely followed by 'all the time'. Majority of people preferred a Narrative and Performance music video, this consists of a storyline behind it also with 62% of people saying the album of the packaging influences them to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment